Obmi, Dwarf Warrior (DPS)

If you are considering joining our team, you will probably be asked to submit an application in this forum. See sticky posts inside for information on our recruitment process.

If you are not a forum member you may join in the conversations within this forum but your posts WILL NOT appear until approved by a moderator. Any post featuring advertising will be deleted rather than approved in every case.

Obmi, Dwarf Warrior (DPS)

Postby Obmi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:51 pm

QUESTION 1: Please provide your armory link (With your main spec gear equipped) and if available a recent world of logs report link.

ANSWER 1:> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... i/advanced

I don't have a recent log but here is one from 5 or 6 weeks ago when I had 15 less ilvls or so!:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/drg0 ... 503&e=3936

Note I am doing near 300k on this boss for example these days

QUESTION 2: Our official raid days/hours are Sun/Mon/Wed from 21:00-23:30 server-time. With this is mind, what level of attendance do you expect to be able to commit to on an on-going basis? Please be as honest and realistic as you can.

ANSWER 2:> I am happy to sign up for all three days. I might miss an odd sunday once in a blue moon due to rugby or an all day session in pub but that is rare these days.

QUESTION 3: It's really important that all members of the team have a working microphone and are willing to use it to talk with us during raids so that we can discuss observations and strategies. Do you have a working microphone and are you happy to use it to talk with us during raids?

ANSWER 3:> Yes, I have a Gamecon headset with mic so you can hear my dulcet tones and crap jokes. I also like to discuss tactics and offer any observations I might have,

QUESTION 4: We value flexibility from our members. If a player is online during 'official raid hours' and the raid needs them, we expect that player to join, no excuses. Equally, because we need to recruit more than 10 players to be able to run 10-player raids on a regular basis, we expect players to be understanding and patient if they cannot get into a raid on a given evening due to over-subscription. Are you comfortable with these fairly common requirements that place the team's needs ahead of your own for the good of the guild as a whole?

ANSWER 4:> Yes that's fair enough, too many dwarfs can be a handful sometimes.

QUESTION 5: Please list your past raiding experience, also please explain what you will do to be raid ready and what you think showing up on raids nights "raid prepared" consists of.

ANSWER 5:> Note this was all when content was relevent:

Vanilla- all up to 4H in Naxx40 (as hardcore guild Main Tank ((remember them!?)) which is this char I am applying on)
TBC- all (as mage)
WOTLK- all
Cata- all up to middle of heroic DS. Took a long break then
MOP- up to 6/14 in SoO so far (see below)

QUESTION 6: Is there anything you would like to tell us or ask us about as part of your application? There's no requirement to answer this question if the answer is "no."

ANSWER 6:> I moved to Silvermoon a few months ago to check out a high pop, hardcore pve server. Ironically I have found it hard to find a good fit for a guild so far hence only having got up to 6 bosses. The couple of guilds I have tried out seemed at a totally different level of standard to what I'm used to in terms of quality of play (lower that is!) so I hope your guild will be better suited to me.

I have an inexhaustable bank of limericks/rhymes to share too when needed, so I'll leave you with one:

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to her cupboard
To find her poor doggy a bone
But clever old Rover
As she bent over
Gave her a bone of his own!
Obmi

Re: Obmi, Dwarf Warrior (DPS)

Postby Sacratus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi there Obmi,

sorry for this late reaction. We had a talk ingame before you made this aplication. At that time we did not have a spot for your class and spec, but we where considering to expand the raid for upcomming expansion.

We had a talk about this and we will exspand but just a few months before exspansion hits.

However our melee dps departed the raid team, because of school work and will not be back before next exspansion. this means this spots opens and we are willing to give you this spot.

Whisper me or one of the officers ingame to start the trial.

P.S.

You also stated friends wanting to join. If you can let me know their characters names I can tell you if we have spots for them too. We are still looking for more melee and ranged.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Sacratus

Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Role: Healer

Return to Applications for Membership